Sunday, March 16, 2008

Walk in the Rain

Outside it's damp and cold.
I'm scared to venture there.
Reminders of stinging pain so old
to take the leap, I wouldn't dare.

But there's your hand
True and strong
A heart that knows my heart belongs

With you, it's a walk in the rain
A warmth I can feel again
A happiness, a glow
A way to let the past go

The road is dark and unsure.
The light has been smothered by black.
Always longing and wanting more
Always looking to turn back

But there's your smile
Warm and bright
A heart that fills my heart with light.

When I stand all alone with the sun pouring in
My eyes turn to you...it's a time to begin

The moon was never my guide
I could hardly see the stars.
The faith in my eyes all but died
Broken promises made from afar

But there's your voice
resonating and clear
A heart that rids my heart of fear.

The song had never been sweet
I'd shy away from a glance
Hoping for the chance to meet
Hoping for the time to dance

But there's your heart
Perfect and pure
A heart that heals my heart to the core.

A tenderness to keep me warm
You're a calm before the storm
With you, it's a walk in the rain.
A love I will share again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home